Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stille Nacht

So I spent the majority of the day cleaning, doing laundry, and running errands. Around 5 I decided to take a break and run to Rite-Aid to pick up some Halloween candy. It was so nice outside, a real fall day. I shuffled through the leaves, and took deep breaths of cold air. I rocked out to my iPod. When I got to the store I hit the pause button on my iPod, as I usually do, finding it difficult to concentrate on too many things at the same time. Plus, the store was playing Fergie's Big Girls Don't Cry....and I couldn't help but divert my attention to that.

So I'm wandering around the store, looking for the best deals, and peanut butter M&M's (which they apparently don't sell ANYWHERE), when I get really confused. I SWEAR I can hear Silent Night playing in the store (along with Fergie). I assume it's my iPod and hit pause once again, and it disappears. I keep looking around picking up two-eight packs of delicious Halloween goodness and AGAIN hear Silent Night. This is when I realize that either I'm totally insane, or I'm incapable of hitting the pause button, so I inspect the iPod. Turns out the device was on "hold" so I was hitting pause but it wasn't doing anything, and the volume was just low enough that I couldn't hear it most of the time. Ok...crisis averted.

Fast forward a couple minutes, and picture it: I am walking down Congress Street, back to my apartment, with a bit of a spring in my step, because I am enjoying the day. I am wearing my Life is Good Pumpkin hat, and swinging a bag full of candy from side to side as I shuffle through the crunchy leaves that have fallen onto the sidewalk. I turn the iPod back on, and start the last played song over again, so I can hear it from the beginning. I continue down the street and notice people giving me weird looks, but I'm not sure why...until...I realize that I am singing Silent Night, loudly...in German, as I go. Apparently, this is an unusual occurrence....who knew.

I guess I become totally oblivious when I turn the iPod on...

Reason number 523 not to use it when I ride my bike. I think I would get hurt.

Later Days,
Erica

1 comment:

Just Me said...

LOL Love it!!

~Ashley