Sunday, September 23, 2007

Repaying the Gift

So I had been thinking about creating one of these "blogs" for quite some time now, as a place to relay my thoughts, ideas, ramblings, funny stories etc. to the world. I do not intend to use this as a recitation of every activity and interaction I have, because really, no one needs to know, and I don't have the time for it. Anyway, the same day I was contemplating the creation of this site a good pal sent me a message strongly urging me to do the same. The coincidence was too strong...and I can't say no. So here it is.

You may wonder why I would name a blog "repaying the gift" so I will tell you. Many of you know that I use the internet as a means to keep up to date (some may say "stalk") with people who have been, are, or will someday be, in my life. I thank the internet for giving me that opportunity, and here I will repay that gift, by allowing others to "keep up to date" with me. I am also repaying the gift to said "good pal" who's blog I have been following for years. Though I am not sure anyone will read this with the dedication that I have read hers, I hope that it provides her (and the rest of you) with a few laughs, some mild entertainment, and if all else fails, a good way to waste a few minutes during the day.

I could take this whole "repaying the gift" thing to another level. In a way, I look at my life and realize all the good in it. I'm healthy, I have a job, food, and a nice place to live. I have people that care about me. I am safe, and warm. I have more books than I have time to read them. I have more shoes than is reasonable. I have more gadgets than necessary. I would like to repay the world for all the good (and in many cases, luxuries) that I have, but I have no money. So, I dedicate myself to helping others, to repaying the gift. I'm sure I'll talk about that, in the days to come, because well...it's what I do.

In the meantime, enjoy. Share the page with anyone who would care to read it. If you have insight as to who these things (blogs) work, let me know, I'd love the help.

Oh, and I take requests, you know, if you want to hear my opinion on something let me know. I'll write about it. Already on the list are: washcloths, the story of me saving the child from a burning building, and of course, anytime I hurt myself. I also want to ask questions of the readers and see what kind of responses I get. Let's make this fun! Ok, that's all for now.

Later Days,
Erica

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sweet - Erica's got a blog! You always have the best stories; I look forward to reading what you have to offer!

Awesome title, by the way.

I can offer my (very) limited expertise, but I'm not very brushed up on my CSS, so you might want to look elsewhere...I can't even remember how I edited my picture in my blog!

Just Me said...

Soooo excited!!! Glad I helped talk you into this. Your stories are too good to not have recorded somewhere! You can make me laugh like NO ONE else, and that is the best "medicine" and best feeling in the world. I crave Erica-time at camp! You are the best, and I will have lots of story requests for you!

First request...getting the golf cart stuck in the walkway at camp, reminiscent of that scene in Austin Powers where he has the golf cart stuck in an underground tunnel that is too narrow to turn around in!